Make the most of your free BBC computers and find out what they can do…
A short high impact course for teachers
The Micro:bit is designed to encourage children to get actively involved in writing software for computers and building new things, rather than being consumers of media. A million devices have been given to every year 7 pupil in the UK. This course demystifies the tech and explains how to make the most of your devices.
- Don’t let your free BBC Micro:bits end up in dusty cupboards
- Fun, hands on training for staff
- We will show you how to write programs and ensure that you are familiar with the hardware
Head of Computing ICT/Computing teachers – Secondary or Primary Phase
A fantastic way to make best use of this importance device.
- All you need to know about the hardware and how to program it
- You will learn how to write programs using the block editor, touch develop and python
- How to connect to other devices using the Inventors Kit
- No coding or technical experience needed – this course is suitable for everyone
“Good to discuss with other teachers.” Chris Howard, Abbey Park Middle School “I found the hands on coding really useful and I am looking forward to teaching some of this to our current year 7’s.” Richard Martin, Abbey Park Middle School “The course is a very useful introduction to the hardware and coding activities that can be carried out with the BBC micro:bit. It gives you the opportunity to try some hands on activities with the micro:bit.” Cheryl Jarvis, Catshill Middle School “Good short introduction – great overview of functionality and applications available. Brett is very engaging and maintains a good pace throughout.” Carolyn Aynsworth, Malvern St James Girls’ School
High impact courses for teachers covering a range of themes including school improvement and higher level thinking, technology and computing, safeguarding and online safety.
- Cost effective – just £49 per delegate (£29 for additional delegates from same school)
- Minimum disruption – High Impact courses run from 1pm to 3pm
- Conveniently located course venues with refreshments included
- Delivered by experienced learning practitioners and professionals with years of educational experience