Make sense of the new computing curriculum…
1:1 CPD for every teacher to get all staff up to speed with the new computing curriculum!
- Covering the complete computing programme of study including ICT and Digital Literacy, we will work with every teacher or TA.
- Includes an initial survey sent to the school for all staff to record understanding and confidence levels.
- Includes a list of objectives and complete curriculum overview for every year that you can use straight away.
- We will demystify and take the fear out of computing and show how to deliver exciting lessons in order to meet statutory requirements.
- Complete coverage from reception to year six.
- We will explain all the technological words, so that you will understand difficult concepts such as algorithms and abstraction.
- You will be shown how to use and create programmes using award winning and free software.
- No experience of programming required.
- Minimal (if any) staff cover needed!
Example plan for the day
|Time||Allocation||Teacher (s) and/or assistants|
|1 hour||Year Reception|
|1 hour||Year 1|
|1 hour||Year 2|
|1 hour||Year 3|
|1 hour||Year 4|
|1 hour||Year 5|
|1 hour||Year 6|
|½ hour||Summary with Head of Computing or Head Teacher to cover recommendations|
|½ hour||Staff briefing (if required) summarising the complete computing programme of study|
A fantastic way to get your staff up to speed with computing.
Simply provide a room with one or two computers and allow an hour for every teacher.
A complete day (9am-3.30pm) costs just £480 and remember there are no additional charges!
Need more time? No problem, book a second day and save 10%, add a whole staff training twilight (3.45-4.45pm) onto the day for just £75.
Simply complete the booking form below.
A support package tailor-made to suit the needs of our school. Our staff have received valuable guidance and advice in shaping an engaging and forward-thinking curriculum map.
Ben Irving, Assistant Head Teacher, Westacre Middle School, Droitwich