Hands on training using the brilliant free programming tool.
We can deliver this course at your school – Complete the form below
A short high impact course for teachers
Head of Computing ICT/Computing teachers – Secondary or Primary Phase
When it comes to computing apps, Scratch always comes at the top of any popularity poll and for good reason – the award winning programming tool makes it really easy to code, it promotes creativity and it is completely free! That is why both children and adults love using it.
If you or your staff would like to familiarise yourself with, or get to know more about Scratch and learn some great tips for using this brilliant free tool in school, this course is for you.
- A cost effective way of implementing programming.
- Uses fun, exciting and free software that encourages high level thinking and creativity.
- Can be used with year 3 to year 9.
- Covers the interface, sprites, command blocks and everything you need to know.
- Linked to the computing programme of study.
- This practical course assumes no prior knowledge.
“Super ideas and resources to take straight back to school and staff. Thank you.” Victoria Ward, The Oval School, Yardley. “Really useful course if you are new to the subject.” Richard Martin, Abbey Park Middle School, Pershore. “Brett delivers an informative and intriguing introduction to Scratch. Providing a hands on course, teaching staff will get a real feel for the flexibility of the program whilst being made aware of the national curriculum elements that it covers.” Thomas Smith, Westacre Middle School, Droitwich.
High impact courses for teachers covering a range of themes including school improvement and higher level thinking, technology and computing, safeguarding and online safety.
- Cost effective – just £49 per delegate (£29 for additional delegates from same school)
- Minimum disruption – High Impact courses run from 1pm to 3pm
- Conveniently located course venues with refreshments included
- Delivered by experienced learning practitioners and professionals with years of educational experience